Well, this is it. I've finally finished my Arwing. It's really a great feeling, seeing one of your dreams fulfilled right there in front of you. I've wanted to do something like this since I was, I dunno, six. Ever since my freshman year I wanted to make this for my third-year project, and now it's finished. Well, I could still make the lighting a bit better, but I've got all week to do that.
I actually finished this at home in 3Ds Max, so I'll have to see what my teacher says about that. It shouldn't be a problem, seeing as a couple other people have been using it. Besides, this is the program I'll be using next year in my fourth-year project. I'm not gonna say what it is yet, because I'd like to do a couple sketches of it first. I do plan on working on it over the summer, of course. Or, at least, a couple aspects.
Looking at this, I'm not entirely satisfied. I guess no artist ever gets exactly what they wanted for their end result. Part of being a skilled artist is understanding your limits and knowing when to say "that's enough." And that's exactly what I did here. I would've liked to put a couple more pieces on it here and there, made the G-diffuser struts a bit more accurately, but I just ran out of time.
I'm fine with that, really. After all, I've got all summer to make this again.